In the past decade, entertainment industries have flourished rapidly and one name that has become almost synonymous with premium content is “YouTube”. It is basically a US-based online video sharing platform. YouTube was created in the year 2005 and has constantly grown since then. Now it works as a subsidiary of Google. Users can search for their favorite videos and watch them or even create their own channel and upload videos on YouTube. It is free to use service and users can view videos from a large genre such as comedy, learning, music, etc.
As YouTube became popular, it started providing branding advertisements on its videos which would benefit YouTube, the production company as well as the channel owner. Very soon this idea became a success and almost every YouTube video now has an advertisement video on the start of it. People became somewhat annoyed due to this. YouTube turned it into a new venture by creating a new service as its branch known as “YouTube Red”. This was YouTube’s step into the world of subscription-based industry.
YouTube Premium was initially launched in 2014 as “Music Key” and promised an ad-free and quality experience of music videos on the platform. Later in 2017, it was rebranded and launched as YouTube Premium, the paid subscription service offered by YouTube.
- YouTube Premium Costing and Benefits –
YouTube charges its customers on a monthly basis for the Premium subscription plan. The price of this plan has been designed by keeping in mind the rates of other subscription services in a competition like Amazon, Netflix, etc. To get started, a user has to subscribe to YouTube Red services that have been priced at ₹ 129 per month. Besides this plan, YouTube has also launched its prepaid plans for a time period of one month (₹ 139) and three months (₹ 399). You can also subscribe to YouTube Red Music that has similar plan details.
YouTube Premium services come with many amazing benefits for the users. Some of them are:
- The first and most important benefit of YouTube Red membership is that you can enjoy a totally ad-free viewing experience. This benefit is more than enough for a reason to purchase YouTube Premium.
- Another great advantage is that if you are watching a video and want to use another app at the same time, you can do so with Premium benefits. With YouTube Premium, you can run a video in the background while using other apps or even when the screen is turned off.
- With Premium membership, you can download videos so that you can watch them later offline.
- Premium users have access to “YouTube Originals” that consists of original content from high profile creators and also includes certain movies and documentaries.
- You get access to YouTube Music and all of its functionalities.
- Render ad-free videos through YouTube Vanced –
Also, Read- How to Download Facebook videos on Any Device
If you are looking for an app that can provide you with the same features as YouTube Premium and even many more, YouTube Vanced is the way to go. It is a very popular and modified version of the YouTube app and is currently available for Android users only. The app has quite a number of features that make it very popular in the Android user community. Some of the main features of YouTube Vanced are:
- The app includes in-built features for ad-blocking so that you can have an ad-free experience just like YouTube Premium. You can even change the ad-blocker settings to suit your needs.
- Just like YouTube Premium, Vanced also offers the option of background playback and allows users to watch videos while using other apps.
- Many YouTube videos are meant to be displayed in High Dynamic Range (HDR) resolution but sometimes the phones don’t support HDR in the YouTube app. YouTube Vanced has it resolved by allowing the option of forcing HDR resolution so that the videos are played in the way they are meant to be.
- In times when the traffic on YouTube servers is high, they restrict the quality of videos that you can watch. Youtube Vanced allows you to override this restriction and watch videos in resolutions that would have been disabled on the YouTube app.
So, if you want to experience the features of YouTube Premium membership without actually paying or using the YouTube app, the YouTube Vanced app is the best substitute for this purpose. It is also a great fact that the YouTube Vanced app incorporates all these features and is still available totally free of cost to download.
- How to get YouTube Premium for free? –
If you are not a fan of using modified apps such as YouTube Vanced, but still want to get YouTube Premium services and that too for free, there are few tricks that you can try out:
- The basic hack is to use the free trial period offered by YouTube. All new customers of YouTube Premium get a one-month free trial after which the paid services start. You can set up multiple accounts to get more than one month of a free trial.
- Another option is using a student account. If you subscribe to YouTube Premium using a valid student account, you get the free one-month trial and besides this, you are also rewarded with 3-months of a free trial of YouTube Music.
- The last trick is very successful and will ensure that you can get up to 6-months of free Premium access. For this trick to work you must have at least 150 super coins in your Flipkart account. If you have the required coins then just follow these basic steps:
- Head to the offers section and move to the YouTube Premium option.
- Click on the “Claim Now” option and complete the OTP verification.
- After this, you will receive a YouTube Premium claim link. Fill out the required details and that’s it. You now have access to 6 months of free YouTube Premium subscription.
In conclusion, if you want to have an ad-free experience of watching YouTube, either you can switch to the paid YouTube subscription or use the YouTube Vanced app or try out one of the above methods to get a free YouTube Premium subscription.